Thursday, June 10, 2010

Worldwide Available!

Well, Folks, I received an email today. Guess What!!??
I have a MEDICAL CLEARANCE. Yep. A Class I Clearance!
I am worldwide available.

Ironically, I am also available for them to start my security clearance.
Yes, I said...to start my security clearance.
No, they (who are they anyway?) have not started it yet.

I haven't heard anything about when it may begin. I released my e-quip in the system on the day of my OA. I got an email a few weeks later that my clearance could not be started until the equip was released in the system. I contacted HR, and it just needed to be released by them. Then, a week later, I decided to follow up, and according to the security dept, it still had not been released. I waited over the holiday weekend, then it was finally released last week. Now we are into the middle of June, and I was soooooo hoping it would be completed by the end of July. Now I guess I'm hopeful for the end of August.
I hope they call soon. I'm leaving the country for 2 weeks in July.

BTW, my kids also received their clearances today. The time from my email of the forms to my notification of worldwide available was 3 weeks. Wow. That's impressive. Lets just hope the security folks move that fast!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Just found your blog recently, and spent a bit of time in AZ this week as we made our trek across the country. An amazing state!

Congratulations and hope everything continues to move quickly!

A Daring Adventure said...

Congratulations on your MED clearance!

Bfiles said...

congrats! that's frustrating about the clearance, hope it will start up soon. Keep following up if not.

I'll Take Mine... said...

Congrats on the med clearance. Once the security thing starts moving, it'll all work out. Things seem to be going quickly.

Post a Comment