Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Livin on a Prayer

Oh! Half way there...
O-Oh! livin on a prayer...

 where I am.

Take my hand, and we'll make it, I swear!

  where I want to be.  (in my mind, anyway.)

I wonder if all this waiting pre-employment just prepares one for the long-haul with the FS. ? . ? .
It is amazing, and excruciating, and...did I mention I am not a good 'waiter'?
For the first half of the year, the time seemed to fly by. Since I have taken my OA, it has stopped.
Before the OA--"I can't believe it's May already!"
After the OA--"WHAT? IT'S ONLY JUNE?

Where is the fast forward button? Can we fast forward to --December?
All you other FS hopefuls ok with that?

6 comments:

A Daring Adventure said...

Oh no! So sorry. :(

But I totally understand!

Steph B said...

Just think, Kolbi, in December, you will be learning Mandarin! Want me to hit the button yet? >>>FFW>>>>>

Bfiles said...

so true, so true. I have got to stop wishing time away.

Shannon said...

It’s Friday, and that means that the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up – and you’re on it!



Here is the link:
 http://cyberbones.blogspot.com/2010/06/weekly-state-department-roundup.html



(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!

Alex said...

There's a lot of waiting once you join the FS too. Waiting to learn where you're going, waiting to get where you're going, waiting for your stuff to arrive, waiting to learn where you're going next, etc. I'm three months in, and my patience hasn't improved at all yet. Here's hoping it will eventually... =)

Jill said...

Oh it's a never ending waiting game with the State Dept. It's just that the objects and subjects of the waiting change.... :)

Post a Comment