Wednesday, June 2, 2010

i want, i want, i want

My kids are out of school for summer. I have one day off during the week that happens to be on Wednesdays. Wednesdays are for relaxing, getting errands done, doctor's appts, etc...
Not when the kids are home. Wednesdays are now filled with, "I want..."
From the time we get up,
I want to go to my friend's house.
I want to have a friend over.
I want to go to the movies.
I want to swim.
I want to play xbox.
I want to stay up all night.
I [dont] want to do chores.
I [dont] want to eat that.


It inspired me to make a list of my own.

I want my clearance to go FASTER.
I want pack-outs.
I want to live at Oakwood.
I want a bid list.
I want TRAVEL ORDERS.
I want a black passport.
I want to move overseas.
I [dont] want to wait.

Why are 'I want' lists more acceptable when you're a kid? Still annoying? yes, but more acceptable.

4 comments:

Just US said...

Hello! I stumbled onto your blog and thought I would introduce myself. My husband works for State and I grew up in Arizona (Prescott, Flagstaff, Mesa). We are starting into our third tour this summer - going to Jerusalem. Please contact me if you have any questions - csamto@yahoo.com.

Melissa

A Daring Adventure said...

ROTFL!!! You are such a funny writer...

Digger said...

Hmmm...I had an "I want" list like that. I totally geeked out on the black passport with the line "The Bearer is abroad on a Diplomatic Assignment for the United States Government."

Unknown said...

Hey -
My family and I leave on Sunday for our cross county trip to DC - Oakbrook here we come. I start orientation on June 21st as a FS Health Practitioner and funny enough just finished work with Indian Health Services in Fort Defiance Arizona. Hang in there...the wait is a killer but you write like your handling it great! Feel free to email stacyanderic@hotmail.com. Take care, Stacy

Post a Comment