Wednesday, July 7, 2010

missions

I leave on Friday for Malawi. I am going with my church on a mission trip. I will be working with a pediatrician and we will be setting up a mobile medical clinic in a small village in Malawi, Africa. The goal is to provide basic health care and deworming for all the orphans in the village of Chikudzulire --just outside of Lilongwe. Depending on how much time we have, and how many medications we have leftover, we may also set up clinic in the village of Mgona. I'm taking my oldest son, Tyler (14), to help out as well. We are very excited about this opportunity.


(I borrowed this fancy picture from the web, but had no idea how to ask it's author. So, thank you in advance to whom ever took the time to upload this to the internet.)


On a FS note, I have heard back from several contacts that my background investigation is definitely underway. The Arizona agent has contacted most everyone he had on his list, I think. I'm not positive, but I think he may be wrapping things up in the next day or two--**grin** I think the Indiana one is just getting started, however.  I'm hoping that by the time I return in 2 weeks, it will be over. I'm really getting much better at this waiting thing.  At least, I think so.
My family might beg to differ.  Most every sentence begins with, "What if..." or "When we move..."
or "What can we get rid of..."
We did clean out all our closets this weekend.  We carried out 5 bags of trash and several large loads of 'stuff we no longer need.'  I hope I'm not jumping the gun, I am just soooo excited.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see your pictures from Malawi. Have a great trip!

Bfiles said...

a trip to malawi sounds amazing! would love to see your pics, too.
and way to go on cleaning out the closets! that's just a smart thing to do, regardless! wish I had done it a few mos ago when it wasn't so darn hot!

Jen said...

Safe travels! How wonderful that your son is able to go with you. Will be checking back for photos...

fsowannabe said...

Just found your blog! Have a great trip!

Post a Comment